As agents are working with clients and other associates there may be a situation where an agent is sent a multiple page PDF that is too big to attach into Command. Although there is a process of splitting a PDF into separate documents for DocuSign and Dotloop, there may be a situation where the document is from neither of those platforms. In that case users can still split a PDF into separate documents, from within Command.
To split a pdf into multiple documents in Command:
1. Log in to https://agent.kw.com with your KW login credentials.
2. Click the Opportunities icon, on the left sidebar.
3. From the Opportunities Dashboard, click on the phase, where your Opportunity is located, then click on the Opportunity Title.
4. Click Documents, at the top of the page.
5. On the left side of the page, use the Checklist Type drop-down to select the type of checklist you will be adding documents for.
6. Next, choose the compliance event (Listed, Under Contract, Closed, etc.) where the document will be added.
7. Click the ellipses icon and select Split and Attach PDF.
8. Select the document source for the PDF file. Users have 3 options:
- My Computer - Upload a PDF from your computer files or drag and drop it into the window.
- DocuSign - Upload a PDF from the DocuSign Room linked with the Opportunity.
- Custom Folders - Upload a PDF from a custom folder that they have created.
9. Once the PDF file is uploaded, click Next.
10. Select the checklist item that the split page from the PDF will be attached to.
11. Next, select the page(s) you want to split. The selection(s) will populate into the Page Range field.
12. Enter the document name in to the field.
13. Click Split & Attached Selected, when done. Users can also attach more pages and assign them to different checklist items if need be.
If you want to delete a page after it has already been selected, you can hover over the page number, click the delete icon, and the page selection will be removed.
14. After the pages have been split from the PDF, be sure to refresh your screen. This will allow the update to appear for that checklist item.
15. If the page needs to be printed or removed, click the ellipses icon beside the split document name and those two options will appear.
Users can access the entire PDF through a custom folder, that is automatically created when the PDF is split, called Split/Attached Uploads.