Before you can launch a Facebook Ad Campaign, there are a few things you need to do first. These may include creating a Facebook Business Page and adding the correct roles in Facebook, connecting your personal Facebook account in Command, completing your Command Marketing Profile, and putting a payment card on file in Campaigns.
To set up for success before launching a Facebook Ad campaign, follow the steps below:
1. Every Facebook Ad Campaign that you launch in Command must be tied to a Facebook Business Page like the one below. Every Business Page is linked to a personal Facebook account, so be sure that you are logged in to the correct personal Facebook account when setting this up.
2. On your Facebook account, in order to run ads, you must have two-step verification set up. If you don't, you will not be able to run ads.
- Click here to learn how to set up two-factor authentication for your Facebook account.
3. On your Facebook Business Page, you must have an Admin Role in order to connect that Page to a Facebook ad in Command. If you created the Facebook Page, you are automatically an Admin, but even if you didn't, you can still be made an Admin manually.
- Click here to learn how to find what your role is on a Facebook Page.
- Click here to learn how a Page Admin can give someone else an Admin role.
- When inviting someone to your Page, be sure to toggle on the permission to Publish Content if they are going to publish Facebook ads.
4. Next, ensure that your Facebook Page is connected to a Facebook Business Manager account, and that you are an Admin in that account as well. When you create the Page, you can also create your Business Manager account automatically during setup, but even if you don't, you can easily create the account later.
- Click here to access Facebook Business Manager (be sure you are logged in first). If you see a dashboard appear like the one above, you're all set!
- If you see an informational page instead, click here to learn how to create the account.
- If needed, click here to learn how to invite people to your Business Manager account. (For someone to run an ad through the connected Facebook Page in Command, they will also need to be added as an Admin in the Business Manager account.)
5. While logged in to the account, ensure you have read and accepted Facebook's Lead Ad Terms.
- Click here to view the terms. At the top of the page, you will see if you have already accepted. If not, please read and accept the terms.
6. Once you set everything up on Facebook's end, you can now go to Command Settings and connect the same personal Facebook account that your Business Page is tied to.
- Click here for detailed steps on connecting your Facebook account in Command. It's important to follow these steps exactly for the connection to work.
7. Next, you will need to complete your Command Marketing Profile. This is the profile that feeds all of the information displayed to consumers through the app, sites, and marketing. Be sure to fill out each field correctly for the right information to display.
- Click here to learn how to complete your Command Marketing Profile.
8. Finally, before you can launch a Facebook Ad Campaign, you must either have credits to use, or put a payment card on file in Campaigns. Credits will always be used before your card is charged.
- Click here to learn how to add a credit card and manage your payment profile, in Campaigns.
- Click here to learn more about how payment and credits work with Facebook Ad Campaigns.
Now you're ready to create a Facebook Ad Campaign! Click here to learn how to craft your first Facebook ad.